My Video Intro

What follow are to be considered transcriptions of spoken word pieces that I would have delivered in a physical theater. You will also find video and audio pieces here.

This show has been roughed out years in advance, and material delivered as its time approached. There is an arc to this show. For that reason, posts --that is, pieces-- should be read in order, from older to newer. So if you've been absent for a bit, scroll all the way down and read upward.

Please remember that this is not a free show. This is the professional undertaking of a professional comedian who bet the farm on making this a going concern. Just because it is possible to steal my property does not mean that you may. If you go to the farmer's market and the man is away from his table, you are nonetheless obligated to put your money into the shoebox labeled "Put money here." My personal friends are exempted from buying their tickets, as well as those who may not be able to afford to buy a ticket. Everyone else is morally and legally obligated to buy a ticket if they partake of even, say, a dozen pieces of mine per year. Duck outside my theater for a cigarette as often as you like, but you didn't get in here in the first place without buying your ticket at the box office. The cost is $100 per person, per year. There is no law enforcement discount. There is no news media discount. No one gets a discount, unless you honestly don't have the money. (And to my law enforcement patrons: Even in Lenny Bruce's day, cops had to buy their tickets before they could get into his theater to jot their notes. Jot away, but if you are not here to arrest me or to shut the place down, then you are here covertly. If that is the case, then you are passing as ordinary patrons. If that is the case --and it is-- then you buy your tickets just like regular customers.)

Thank you for coming.

--Chris

Bitcoin Address: 1KtMQ32BoHqBAx4GFjLR1gLrBBp1BSnQs6

Or mail $100 to Chris King, Grafton, Vermont 05146

-------------------------

This is the product safety sticker that accompanies all my speech:

There was a Pratt and Whitney JT9D 7-series compressor recovered from Murray Street in New York on 9-11, the precise identification of which is detailed in the Capta Brightstick Document. That incompatible engine hardware precludes Flight 175's presence at the scene of the crime and indicts the jurisdiction known as United States as criminal. If you are a member of a grand jury or jury, or if you are a judge, and if this product safety sticker has been removed from whatever speech of mine may have been presented to you, it is because the prosecutor is pulling a fast one on you and doesn't want you to know that the federal government auto-executed itself in a grand ceremony for all to see. Please have a nice day.

Updated legalese, added 11/1/2012 on the occasion of realizing that every time I go to court, Madame Prosecutor is forever waving around my intellectual property contained herein, content to use my words against me without having the decency to buy her ticket to my show. Well, here's something you can wave around: "I, Christopher King, do hereby plead guilty to whatever it is that Madame Prosecutor may allege. I'm rotten to the core and I secretly make fun of the judge all the time. As a result, I --and here these are my words, the words of the prosecutor and not of Mister King-- I have luscious melon breasts and I think the judge is the worst thing ever to happen to the court. You hear me, judge? That's right. I, Madame Prosecutor, secretly hate you and I think your rulings blow. I would like the record to reflect that Mister King is well hung and I ache for his tender ministrations. I suck, the prosecutor's office sucks, the judge sucks, and Mister King is a national treasure despite his plainly stating that he is guilty of all allegations that may ever be made. He plainly confirms that he is a dangerous terrorist. There. Let the record try to sort out who is who in this statement."

http://youtu.be/rJDztqCG91g

"Ta da! Behold Assclown Jurisdiction United States!"

End of product safety sticker.

------------------------------------------

Buy your ticket to my show!

Bitcoin Address: 1KtMQ32BoHqBAx4GFjLR1gLrBBp1BSnQs6

Or mail $100 to Chris King, Grafton, Vermont 05146.

Monday, October 14, 2013

I'm bored. And I'm hurting for material. So let's go ahead and ridicule my attorney some more.

Comedians often develop the most curious obsessions with their grievances. So let's explore some more my "attorney's" exploits in the lawyerly arts.

Let me fast forward to my second stint in jail. One of the new guys (who was there for some crime of the century) was quite pleased that his public defender was actually in private practice. So, obviously, our defendant would receive the highest quality defense. I listened to his story until it became clear that his attorney was my attorney as well.

I said, "You know you're gettin' the chair, right? Oh, he'll be buckling down the leather straps. You're doomed. I hope you have your affairs in order." It's my special brand of jailhouse bedside manner.

To the best of my ability to determine, my lawyer was what is known as a "panel attorney." That's where private law firms offload their deadwood on to the federal government and charge full price.

If you are assigned a panel attorney, you will be convicted, no two ways about it.

I'm not demanding Clarence Darrow here. All I ask is that you allow me to communicate to you information that will make the case go bye bye in five minutes. Take off your social worker hat. Take off your six-credit-hour, undergrad psychiatrist hat. Try playing lawyer for a change. Crack open a law book. Confine yourself to your one represented field of expertise.

So I remember when I got hauled off to jail the second time for dutifully not existing. This is the part where my attorney and I were in conference and his face flushed when I told him that my audience and I were laughing our asses off at him.

"Wh, why would you want the prosecutor to defend you?"

"Because she knows what she's doing."

"And I don't?"

"You can't even calculate a sentencing guideline. You had me pleading guilty to the completely wrong sentence. You don't remember miscalculating the sentencing guideline?"

And then he replied in a fashion that cemented his status as someone better suited to presiding over real estate closings. His eyes defocussed and moved ever so slightly off mine and he said in a dreamy voice as if he were floating through space, "No." He gently shook his head from side to side like he simply couldn't remember! It must be all in his client's head. Poor Chris. Poor Chris needs his meds and that's why Chris has this false recollection of his.

("No, Chris, I don't remember that. I know it's a matter of public record, but I'm so stupid that I'm going to claim to be unaware of publicly available facts. Now excuse me as I float across the galaxy and inspect this pulsar over here. Maybe I'll find my new career as a psychiatrist and open my own practice and plant my flag of excellence, just like I have in the field of law.")

And then, thirty days later, after I got out of jail this second time for my crime of complying with everyone's demand that I not exist, he and his sidekick were all smiles. Apparently someone up the chain of command "read them in" to the whole story. "Yeah, guys? Just mind your p's and q's with Chris King. If he needs to speak with the president on whatever matter, he just types something. And he has a curious and as yet publicly undefined relationship with the Secret Service."

So there I was, standing on the sidewalk outside the courthouse in my prison blues, once again disgorged from the maw of the United States legal system, unsure as it was whether it would choke to death on me. And my attorney and his sidekick were there, and they congratulated themselves on a job well done, and they were quite solicitous of my needs (better late than never) and they said, "Maybe you can write a fun story about us, kind of like how you wrote one for the prosecutor, where you two ducked into the broom closet and made out. Can you write a fun story for us?"

Oh, I'll write a fun story alright. Don't you worry about that.

See, in comedy there is an express ticket to being ridiculed, a maglev train straight to getting your pants pulled down right here in front of everyone, and that is to request being treated in a gentle, fun manner while, one, not knowing the first thing what you're doing and, two, feigning ignorance of your own errors.

I in no way require that people be nice. I require only that people know what they're doing. And that they be honest.